Perform automatic testing and feedback within a spirit of innovation and professionalization
247TailorSteel supplies customized laser-cut sheet and tube material using the most advanced laser cutting technology. But although we are pioneers in this sector we know we can achieve even greater levels of professionalization and automation. That’s why your mission in this role is to develop and deliver new standards of quality control and feedback for software development, always with a focus on automatic testing.
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Varsseveld, the Netherlands, 40 hours a week
This role forms part of our highly sophisticated Software Development function and you report to the Team Leader Software Development. Your core task is to perform the quality testing of applications and projects, in line with ISO 27001 policies and other relevant standards, as the final step before delivery. In doing so you:
- Assume responsibility for all Quality Assurance (QA) processes, including requirements reviewing, manual and automated testing, prototype testing, advising software development on testability, scoping, design of test plans etc;
- Support the QA roadmap set-up and manage the appropriate software, with an emphasis on automatic testing;
- Manage QA staff and coach, and manage and supervise junior QA engineers;
- Report on status, outlook and progress.
All of this requires you to work in close collaboration with Software Developers, Product Managers and the Team Leader Software Development as you support the alignment of QA initiatives with the defined business and IT strategy.
A flexible approach to adding value
Nothing is set in stone at 247TailorSteel and we never stop looking for ways to improve and further professionalize everything we do. Change is both desirable and inevitable, and you are expected to play your part by adding new ways of thinking and doing within our flexible and proactive environment.
This demands the excellent communication and interpersonal skills that enable you to influence others and build bridges while applying an active-listening approach. You should also be a structured and conceptual thinker with the ability to create project and deployment plans.
Needless to say, you build on your excellent professional and technical knowledge by staying up to date with the latest technologies, trends, industry best practices. As you grow into the role you become the point-of-contact for 247TailorSteel and its affiliates regarding questions on new IT projects and Requests for Change regarding QA. At the same time, you support and pro-actively perform knowledge transfer by providing down-to-earth experience and expertise on QA, efficient ways-of-working and best practices.
Can you take us further?
These are exciting times for our industry and 247TailorSteel as we reap the benefits of automation. We are looking for someone with outstanding analytical, presentational and problem- solving skills who can further drive that process via the highest levels of automatic testing and QA. In order to apply you must therefore possess the following personal and professional attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree plus experience in relevant IT domains;
- Good understanding of software development and processes and a proven ability to implement, execute and manage automatic testing strategies by transforming requests into clear and precise tests and or test suites;
- Strong written and spoken English;
- Ideally you already live in the region.
An organization built around its employees
247TailorSteel is a forward-thinking organization that is fully focused on the wellbeing of our employees. Benefits include:
- Remuneration and employment conditions in accordance with the Metalektro CAO (40 vacation days!);
- An excellent pension plan;
- Wide-ranging opportunities for further development within your profession;
- Flexible working hours.
Professional. Qualitative customization. Fast and reliable delivery. These are the core values that the 247TailorSteel team stands for. We are convinced of the power of modern technologies, convenience and simplicity. This, combined with the added value of the ‘internet of things’ and artificial intelligence, enables us to guarantee high-quality products. With tools such as Sophia (our in-house developed software program) customers can order tailor-made metal plates and tubes, as well as pre-existing products, quickly and easily, day and night.
We look forward to hearing from you
Please contact Ruben Zieverink, HR Business Partner, for more information about this position, phone number 0315 - 270 376. To apply, please follow the application link.