247TailorSteel supplies customized laser-cut sheet and tube material using the most advanced laser cutting technology. But although we are pioneers in this sector we know we can achieve even greater levels of professionalization and automation. That’s why your mission in this role is to develop and deliver new standards of quality control and feedback for software development always with a focus an data.
Business Intelligence Developer
Varsseveld, the Netherlands, 40 hours a week
The position of BI Development Engineer is focused towards the following domains:
- Design and implement new ETL processes and adapting current ETL processes to accommodate changes;
- Extend, adjust, maintain the Data Warehouse and Data Marts models;
- Close collaboration with the business analyst and domain owners on functional and data requirements to enhance data models;
- Connecting to data sources, importing data and transforming data for Business Intelligence;
- Reporting on activities regarding status, outlook, progress;
- Responsible for the definition, planning, management, execution and clear reporting of BI development deliverables (not limited to software), in collaboration with the appropriate stakeholders. This includes topics such as: Usability, Correctness, Completeness / Scope, Performance, Scalability, Robustness, Delivery speed of changes to production, Security;
- Collaboration with Product Management on projects, progress, timelines and realization;
- Support and pro-actively advise management Customer Technology;
- Support and pro-actively instruct and perform knowledge transfer to relevant staff of 247TailorSteel by providing experience and expertise on BI Development, efficient ways-of-working and best practices;
- Act as a subject matter expert within 247TailorSteel on all aspects concerning BI Development;
- Responsible for the accurate and timely reporting related to BI Development.
This position is placed under Compliance with a dotted-line to Software Development and is reporting to the Director Customer Technology. You work closely with the business analyst. Other direct contacts are the team members within CT, project manager, lead software architect and application owners.
A flexible approach to adding value
Nothing is set in stone at 247TailorSteel and we never stop looking for ways to improve and further professionalize everything we do. Change is both desirable and inevitable, and you are expected to play your part by adding new ways of thinking and doing within our flexible and proactive environment.
This demands the excellent communication and interpersonal skills that enable you to influence others and build bridges while applying an active-listening approach. You should also be a structured and conceptual thinker with the ability to create project and deployment plans.
Needless to say, you build on your excellent professional and technical knowledge by staying up to date with the latest technologies, trends, industry best practices. As you grow into the role you become the point-of-contact for 247TailorSteel and its affiliates regarding questions on new IT projects. At the same time, you support and pro-actively perform knowledge transfer by providing down-to-earth experience and expertise on BI, efficient ways-of-working and best practices.
Can you take us further?
These are exciting times for our industry and 247TailorSteel as we reap the benefits of automation. We are looking for someone with outstanding analytical, presentational and problem- solving skills who can further drive that process. In order to apply you must therefore possess the following personal and professional attributes:
- Education: bachelor's degree or higher, plus 5 years+ of work experience in relevant IT domains.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and Visual Studio.
- Strong data modeling experience
- Experience in building Data Warehouses and Data Marts
- Knowledgeable with BI tools and data visualization concepts
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, MS Access.
- Basic DB Administration knowledge.
- Proficient in a program language (C# is a pre)
- Skills in creating Reports, Dashboard and perform Data Visualization.
- Preference to be or willing to become a Certified Business Intelligence Professional (CBIP)
- Good understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Excellent communicator, building bridges through an attitude of active listening
- Proven ability to implement, execute and manage BI development projects
- Proven ability to deliver defined results and within budget and on-time
- Structured thinker and good conceptual thinking ability
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good command in English, written and verbally.
An organization built around its employees
247TailorSteel is a forward-thinking organization that is fully focused on the wellbeing of our employees. Benefits include:
- Remuneration and employment conditions in accordance with the Metalektro CAO (40 vacation days!);
- An excellent pension plan;
- Wide-ranging opportunities for further development within your profession;
- Flexible working hours.
We look forward to hearing from you
Please contact Ruben Zieverink, HR Business Partner, for more information about this position, phone number +31 315 270 376. To apply, please follow the application link.
Professional. Qualitative customization. Fast and reliable delivery. These are the core values that the 247TailorSteel team stands for. We are convinced of the power of modern technologies, convenience and simplicity. This, combined with the added value of the ‘internet of things’ and artificial intelligence, enables us to guarantee high-quality products. With tools such as Sophia (our in-house developed software program) customers can order tailor-made metal plates and tubes, as well as pre-existing products, quickly and easily, day and night.